Monday 14 May 2012

Wet, weary and only 19 days to go

2 days in and what a contrast. Yesterday was sunny and we saw London and its river at their best. I love the smell of the river - brings back childhood memories - and the beauty of the London parks. Today it rained most of the day but I love the rain and the miles passed quickly. battersea park was peaceful, and pleasant break from the opulent tower blocks. our walking poles are attracting a lot of attention. People seem to think we are looking for snow to ski on. We met 3 women who had walked from the source and gave us advice on blisters (guaranteed anti blister socks failed on first day!)but i was alarmed to see their film of wading through the floods - water at thigh level! Note to my sponsors - this isn't a suicide mission so I reserve the right not to risk my life, no matter how good the cause is. Sue is very organised and is wearing big placards advertising her chosen charities which gets people talking. Wish I'd thought of that! On to Kingston tomorrow. 13 miles - our longest day. More rain forecast, but I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment