Tuesday 22 May 2012

Factor 30

Day 10 - Henley to Reading. 9 miles. Henley was so beautiful this morning. Definitely on my list of places to return to. The walk began with another stretch of glorious scenery and clear blue skies. People we met congratulated us on having such wonderful weather but to be honest it was a bit hot to be walking and carrying the weight of a small donkey on my back! I love the local building materials - red brick and tiles, flint and timber I've bee reminded that this is Three Men in a Boat country, and profoundly wish I'd remembered to re-read the book before we started the walk. We had a delightful long lunch break at Sonning and met one of Mel's online running friends, Alice, who provided yummy cake, and I got my first donation today from 2 lovely ladies on the path who promised to look up the Arts Together website when they got home. The last legg into Reading was surprisingly lovely - like a green corridor cutting through the town. Interesting to see buildings from the back which I had previously only viewed from the train. Tomorrow is one of our longer days - 11 miles. I'll be sloshing on plenty of factor 30 again and praying for some shade

No comments:

Post a Comment