Sunday 20 May 2012

On a high

Sunday - week 2! Glorious day's walking from Maidenhead to Marlow. Suddenly I know this is why I am doing it! Beautiful and varied scenery, fewer houses, but still very affluent, peaceful with swooping terns, swifts and swallows everywhere. The trees are all more or less in full leaf now in a wonderful variety of colours and textures. Baby ducks, cygnets and goslings doing cute things just like they should. We stopped in Cookham for coffee ( first of the day as the b&b stuff was undrinkable)Like nectar! Interesting how different b&bs make their economies. Last night's was very comfortable with a super shower, but clearly the owners weren't coffee drinkers. What a pretty village Cookham was with splendidly ageing bricks and tiles. I love red bricks! Ed came last night and brought clean clothes - bless him, I never thought before what a luxury clean trousers are. Now we are safely in Marlow there's time to reflect on the fact that we've actually started week 2. When we were planning this walk I thought I would be delighted if I managed a week and very surprised if I managed 2 weeks. Am preparing myself for a surprise! Thanks to everyone who has sent kind messages and pledges of support. They really mean a lot to me!

1 comment:

  1. Love Cookham - you'll have to go back for a longer stop!

    ReplyDelete