Friday 17 May 2013

Is it really a year?

Another year, another challenge! At 11o'clock this morning Mel and I will set off along the Ridgeway National Trail walking for the joy of it but also hoping to raise some money for Arts Together, the Wiltshire charity for frail and isolated older people. Sadly, we won't have Sue this year to deal with the cows and horses and generally lift our spirits, but Mel has been practising chatting to cows, so I'm sure he'll be able to persuade them to move out of our way and we'll be fine.
Not sure how I'll cope with the steeper hills and faster pace than last year, but I'm looking forward to passing through beautiful landscapes with late spring flowers still in bloom. The B&Bs all look great and this year we have some back up help, as some of them are over a mile from the path.
My joints are a bit stiffer and bones much creakier a year on from the Thames Path but I've packed plenty of painkillers and blister plasters and am ready for the off!

No comments:

Post a Comment